I've decided to record my adventures in this blog so that my family and friends can keep track of me. Especially during my trip around the world on Semester At Sea.

The Itinerary:
I depart Jersey on 8/28/08 bound for Nassuau, Bahamas, and embark on my voyage around the world on 8/29/08. The voyage concludes on 12/14/08 and will dock in Miami, FL. From there I will head to Orlando, FL until 12/18/08 to visit with my Disney Family and then return home to NJ
.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

India...

Here are the highlights of India in 2 pictures...


I am so happy I had the opportunity to experience India, but let's just say it is not at the top of my list of places I can't wait to return to. The yellow and green thing in the front of the screen is called a rickshaw and is similar to a taxi, but it's like a scooter. I don't know if you can make it out, but all the way off to the left of the picture is a cow, just chillin on the side of the road, eating garage that has piled up. This is a normal sight that I saw more times then I could count. The reason for this is because cows are a sacred animal in India and so no harm comes to them.

No trip to India is complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal. It was simply incredible to actually be there. One thing I was a bit surprised about was the size. While it was huge, and the architecture like nothing I had ever seen before, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was - It's smaller then I thought it would be. For those that have been to the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, I would almost say it would fit underneath it. A little disappointing, but incredible nonetheless.

No comments: