I've decided to record my adventures in this blog so that my family and friends can keep track of me. Especially during my trip around the world on Semester At Sea.

The Itinerary:
I depart Jersey on 8/28/08 bound for Nassuau, Bahamas, and embark on my voyage around the world on 8/29/08. The voyage concludes on 12/14/08 and will dock in Miami, FL. From there I will head to Orlando, FL until 12/18/08 to visit with my Disney Family and then return home to NJ
.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Namibia...

Here are the highlights of Namibia in 4 pictures...

Staring out the window on my way to camping and stargazing in the desert enjoying the scenery that is more sand then I have ever seen in my life, and incredible dunes taller then homes!





During our camping and stargazing overnight trip, we climbed some of the rocks/mountains without any safety gear! If there was any time on the trip that we said "We're not in the US anymore..." - this was it! The view from the top was amazing!



Considering I had never snowboarded before, I think my first time sand-boarding was pretty good.

Swakopmund was a coastal town about 20 minutes away from the port city, and it was adorable. It reminded me a little bit of the town of Celebration, in Florida, except it was on a beach and in Namibia.

No comments: